The draft guidelines will be developed through industry consultation involving presenters, artists, producers, Local Government Authorities, touring providers and industry associations.
The project is managed by APACA through the Executive Director Rick Heath under the guidance of APACA's Management Committee consisting of representatives from each Australian State and Territory.
APACA has engaged James Buick of Artefact Consulting to assist with the consultation processes and in the development of the draft set of guidelines.
The consultation process will include:
- An audit of venues, management structures and ownership models of performing arts centres in Australia.
- A review of current programming mechanisms used in performing arts centres.
- A survey of performing arts centre’s view of future programming needs.
- Roundtable meetings and interviews involving key stakeholders – venues, owners, producers and artists.
- Workshops and information sessions at peak industry gatherings
It is planned for the draft guidelines to be completed by 31 October 2011.
As well as informing the Power PAC project, the data from the consultation process is of value to all venue managers, owners of performing arts centres and theatre makers for future planning and program development.
The results of the Power PAC survey are available [download here].
For further information about the project please contact:
T. 0413 835 123