The APACA Drover Awards were instigated in 2003 to recognise excellence in performing arts touring. The purpose of the awards is to:
- Acknowledge the skill and expertise required for touring
- Promote the importance of touring for APACA members
- Encourage excellence
- Reward and show our appreciation for the excellence, hard work and dedication demonstrated by touring companies
Tour of the Year
This award recognises both the production company’s outstanding commitment to touring and the tour coordinator’s delivery of exceptional touring services associated with that touring company (where applicable). It rewards the commitment to form strong partnerships and to work collaboratively to develop audiences and enrich the cultural lives of all Australians. The Tour of the Year is awarded for overall excellence in touring, recognising the quality of the production, the marketing campaign and the people making it happen.
NB This award is for a single touring production with both the Tour Coordinator and Producer receiving an award.
Productions are eligible for award nomination if the tour:
- Is completed during the period 1 May 2016 to 30 April 2017
- Includes at least five APACA members
Any of the following tours are eligible:
- Tours funded by Playing Australia
- Tours funded by State/Territory Ministries
- Tours that are not funded
Who can nominate?
Any Ordinary (presenter) member of APACA may nominate a production for Tour of the Year. More than one production may be nominated however a rationale for each nomination must submitted in order for the nomination to be considered by the awards committee.
Nominations for 2017 will open in June.
The 2017 Drover Award winners will be announced at the conference dinner, Thursday, 24th August at Luna Park Sydney.