**Voting is now open for the 2018 Tour of the Year. **
Please read the guidelines below and cast your vote at the bottom of the page.
The PAC Australia Drover Awards were instigated in 2003 to recognise excellence in performing arts touring. The purpose of the awards is to:
- Acknowledge the skill and expertise required for touring
- Promote the importance of touring for PAC Australia members
- Encourage excellence
- Reward and show our appreciation for the excellence, hard work and dedication demonstrated by touring companies
The 2018 Drover Award winners will be announced at the conference dinner, Thursday, 6th September at the PAC Australia conference closing dinner in Cossack, Western Australia.
Tour of the Year
This award recognises both the production company’s outstanding commitment to touring and the tour coordinator’s delivery of exceptional touring services associated with that touring company (where applicable). It rewards the commitment to form strong partnerships and to work collaboratively to develop audiences and enrich the cultural lives of all Australians. The Tour of the Year is awarded for overall excellence in touring, recognising the quality of the production, the marketing campaign and the people making it happen.
NB This award is for a single touring production with both the Tour Coordinator and Producer receiving an award.
Productions are eligible for award nomination if the tour:
- Is completed during the period 1 May 2017 to 30 April 2018
- Includes at least five PAC Australia members
Any of the following tours are eligible:
- Tours funded by Playing Australia
- Tours funded by State/Territory Ministries
- Tours that are not funded
Who can nominate?
Any Ordinary (presenter) member of PAC Australia may nominate a production for Tour of the Year. More than one production may be nominated however a rationale for each nomination must submitted in order for the nomination to be considered by the awards committee.