The APACA Drover Awards were instigated in 2003 to recognise excellence in performing arts touring.
The Drover Award for Presenter | Performing Arts Centre of the Year recognises the achievements of an outstanding presenting organisation and will be awarded to the presenter who works with the producer to provide consistently outstanding production, marketing and management services. In addition, this presenter will have achieved exceptional success in audience development and community engagement.
Who can nominate?
Any producer who has toured to a minimum five APACA presenters during the period 1 May 2016 to 30 April 2017 is entitled to lodge one nomination (only).
Who is eligible?
Any Ordinary APACA member is eligible to be nominated (the list of eligible organisations is provided within the nomination form).
Performing Arts Centre of the Year – Award Reference Criteria
- Provides excellent technical service and support:
- a well-maintained and equipped venue, professional staff.
- Provides excellent customer service:
- meets and greets the production company and is courteous and helpful.
- Undertakes regular and open communication with the producer and tour coordinator prior to, during and after the tour.
- Provides excellent administrative support:
- Signs and returns all documents (MOU’s, technical specifications, marketing requirements, contracts) prior to the production in a timely manner.
- Completes and returns all post-production and acquittal information in a timely manner.
- Provides excellent marketing support:
- A consistently high standard of promotion for shows in an effective and timely manner.
- Sets an exceptional standard in regard to audience development and community engagement:
- This may be reflected by the audience numbers, diversity of audience (e.g. age, gender, ethnicity, socio-economic status) or by the depth of engagement in a particular community sector.
- Undertakes activities that develop audiences (both numbers of and cultural development of).
- Provides a program of events that is artform balanced in accordance with community needs.
The winner is determined via assessment by an expert panel of producers and tour coordinators having connection to the eligible presenters.
Tour producers can now nominate year round. Complete the form below to submit your nomination.
The Drover Award winners will be announced at the conference dinner on Thursday, 24th August at Luna Park, Sydney.