APACA is a highly regarded, forward looking association committed to providing a valuable and relevant service to its members. CLICK HERE to submit a membership application or contact the Executive Director to discuss your application for membership.
Having recently completed an extensive internal review process, APACA has a renewed focus on the business of presenting. This is a subtle but important shift away from focussing on physical infracture and venue operations to a more holistic approach that encompasses the full gamut of activity that presenting involves - research and development, host to performances, marketing and audience development, access and community engagement and curated programming and producing.
APACA members provide cultural leadership to their communities and have developed a sophisticated and significant national touring circuit for performing arts presentations of small, medium and major companies. Our members are instrumental in providing high quality, innovative and challenging performing arts to all Australians.
There are two categories of APACA Membership.
- Ordinary Members consist of performing arts centres located in Australia, having the facilitation of the presentation of the performing arts as one of their primary functions [Annual fee $1180 - 2014].
- Associate Members consist of any other individual or organisation with substantially similar objectives to those listed in the Constitution of the Association, that is, to assist in the presentation of the performing arts and to facilitate the bringing together of artists and audiences [Annual fee $395].
Benefits are similar for both categories of membership and include:
- Membership Directory free of charge [normally $220] in a format that can be imported to most databases and contact list applications [provided in Excel/CSV]
- Annual APACA Conference fee discount [$100]. The national conference provides relevant and topical professional development, critical debate as well as unequalled networking opportunities.
- On-line discussion group with all members providing the collective knowledge of hundreds of years experience in the performing arts.
- Dedicated on-line discussion groups for Member Marketing and Production Managers & staff.
- Free copies of APACA’s Salaries and Wages Economic Impact Report [to participating Ordinary Members] and discounted copies [$220 saving] for Associate Members.
- The development and distribution of industry benchmark codes and best practice guidance for members in regard to industry issues e.g. Touring, OH&S, government and funding policy, value of the arts.
- Advocacy and advice to Federal, State and Local Government on a range of important industry issues.
- Maintenance of effective relationships with national performing arts networks, Playing Australia, Long Paddock and the Blue Heelers, participating in strategic planning for national tours of professional performing arts products.
- Profiling members and the Association through the APACA website [now including venue specifications]
- Development of strategic alliances with other industry and relevant bodies including AMPAG (Australian Major Performing Arts Group), LPA (Live Performance Australia), the Australia Council for the Arts, PATA (Performing Arts Touring Alliance), MEAA (Media Entertainment Arts Alliance), RAA (Regional Arts Australia), ALGA (Australian Local Government Association), CHASS (Council for the Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences) and the ABS (Australian Bureau of Statistics).
Click Here to complete your membership application form.