Coffs Harbour Jetty Memorial Theatre
cnr Harbour Drive & Edinburgh Street, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Coffs Harbour's Jetty Memorial Theatre was built in 1927, opening with a gala social evening and dance. In 1930, the theatre was leased as a cinema - until the late 1970s.
The theatre was managed by a community-based committee from the 1980's until 2003, which, through its members' hard work, developed a community venue for the cultural arts and live theatre.
The Jetty Memorial Theatre reopened on 15 October 2003 after a $1.6 million refurbishment program. The project won a Highly Commended Award at the inaugural Local Government Cultural Awards.
The auditorium has a proscenium stage, a seating capacity of 249, 151 are tiered and 98 are movable stalls seating. This allows the theatre to be used for a wide range of events: plays, musicals, film screenings, product launches and seminars.
The theatre has fully equipped lighting and audio systems, wheelchair access, a hearing loop for the hearing impaired, a baby Grand Piano and is climatically controlled. Permanent staff include Theatre Manager and technical support staff.