Membership Types and Fees
There are three categories of PAC Australia Membership:
- Presenters / Venues, Service Organisations, Festivals and Government
- Producers / Tour Producers and Independent Artists
- Affiliates (consultants or providers whose central business is not the direct creation or promotion of the performing arts but who provide support services to other member organisations e.g. architects, venue planners and business consultants).
In 2018 PAC Australia is introducing a more equitable and accessible fee structure for our members. Please click here for more information and to calculate your membership fee.
Click Here to complete your membership application form.
Is It Right For Me?
PAC Australia members include presenters, producers, funding bodies, peak bodies and service organisations. If you have a professional interest in the performing arts in Australia, PAC Australia is for you. PAC Australia has a focus on the business of presenting. We represent a holistic approach that encompasses the full gamut of activity that presenting involves – research and development, host to performances, marketing and audience development, access and community engagement and curated programming and producing.
We welcome new members including presenters, festivals, producers, promoters, agents, consultants, service organisations and government bodies.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of PAC Australia you can:
- keep abreast of the latest information affecting the sector,
- access benchmarking and best practice information,
- find support and information from colleagues, and
- be part of an organisation that is your advocate on national issues.
Here’s some of the specific advantages to being an PAC Australia member:
- Eligibility for travel subsidy and discount rates for the 2018 Conference and Performing Arts Exchange.
- Got a question or got a problem? Ask your colleagues via the private members online discussion group. We’ve all been in that position, so there are no dumb questions! Get support and information from colleagues who have the collective knowledge of hundreds of years of experience in the performing arts.
- Your marketing and operations/technical staff will also benefit from access to dedicated online discussion groups for marketing and specific venue issues. You can sign up multiple staff to the discussion groups.
- Want to have a private conversation with a colleague or email a member about a show? Our Membership Directory is free of charge for members (normally $220) in a format (Excel/CSV) that can be imported to most databases and contact list applications. Find contact details for marketing and technical staff as well as organisation and venue managers.
- Want a voice at a national level? Ordinary Members may vote and run for the Board, offering an opportunity for you to make a difference and help create policy at a national level.
- You can profile your organisation through the PAC Australia website.
- Access venue technical specifications easily from PAC Australia’s website to help tour planning and venue comparison.
- Get access to professional development at the annual PAC Australia Conference and receive a significant fee discount. The national conference provides relevant and topical professional development, critical debate as well as unequalled networking opportunities.
- Benchmark your organisation’s operations, salaries and venue charges using PAC Australia’s Salaries and Venue Charges Report as well as the Economic Activity Report which are free to participating Ordinary (venue) Members and discounted ($325 saving) for Associate Members.
- Stay on top of benchmark codes and best practice guides in regard to industry issues such as touring and workplace health and safety.
- Leave the submission writing to PAC Australia – we advocate to government on behalf of members on a range of important industry issues. We also maintain relationships with national performing arts networks and other relevant bodies to participate in strategic planning for industry improvement.