PAC Australia (formerly APACA) has been a key player influencing Australian cultural policy since 1987 when the Association was established. PAC Australia is governed by a Board of Management made up of venues/presenters from at least six of Australia’s states and territories. Another four positions are allocated on a skills need basis and may include producers or producer representatives. The association is managed by the Executive Director.
All Australian communities shall actively engage in enriching performing arts experiences facilitated by their performing arts centre.
To facilitate the business of presenting, to strengthen the connection between the art and the audience and to represent and support performing arts presenters and presenting partners across Australia.
PAC Australia has defined its core roles as follows:
- Connection – We connect performance makers and presenters to create shared understanding and mutually beneficial outcomes that support the presentation and mobility of performing arts activity.
- Leadership – We identify key industry issues and set the agenda to progress those issues, both independently and through collaborative action with strategic allies. We promote the value, and advocate for the needs of people and organisations in the performing arts industry.
- Capacity – Yours and ours. We provide information to help individuals and organisations in our membership develop best practice in presenting and audience development. We undertake activity that builds our knowledge and operational resources.
PAC Australia goals describe the association’s practical ambitions consistent with member needs and the aspirations of the association.
- To encourage and promote best practice in the presentation of performing arts across Australia.
- To strengthen PAC Australia’s position as a peak national body for performing arts presenters.
- To effectively develop PAC Australia as a sustainable, proactive and inclusive network.
- To redefine the function of performing arts presenters, recognising their expanding role as cultural leaders – delivering relevant, inclusive, exciting and sustainable performing arts opportunities to Australian communities.
- To maintain effective governance, a strong financial position, effective and efficient operations and the wellbeing of PAC Australia’s people.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of Country throughout Australia and recognise the continuing connection to lands, waters and communities. We pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures, and to Elders past, present and emerging.